[Air-L] Question regarding language, the Internet, and university students

Jasmine Pues marimiko at gmail.com
Tue May 26 05:40:36 PDT 2009

Hello all,

I am in the midst of writing a MA thesis regarding "Netspeak" but I was
curious as to what's out there in terms of how university students are
involved. For example, I know that Naomi Baron used her students in
investigating; but I was wondering if there were anything about how
"Netspeak" is regarded as a youth thing (if there is, in fact, anything out
there - which I'm not certain about).

I'm already using Crystal (Language and the Internet) and Baron (Always On).

Any help / advice would be highly appreciated!

Thank you,

Jasmine Pues