[Air-L] using wikipedia articles in academic paper

Stefano De Paoli Stefano.DePaoli at nuim.ie
Mon May 11 01:39:33 PDT 2009

Thank you for this discussion.
It has been very useful.
A few conclusive comments are maybe needed.

Perhaps the fact that there is no agreement on how to use Wikipedia,
makes it worthwhile discuss the issue again and again.

What I feel is that if there is no agreement among us, that we are
supposed to be the Internet researchers, it is quite obvious that when
it goes to more "traditional" areas of research there is no acceptance
of Wikipedia at all [but this is probably true for other electronic
sources].

I still feel that there are good and a bad uses of Wikipedia in
academic writing, as also many others have pointed out.
And  I think that it is we - as Internet researchers - that have to
assume the role of tracing the good or acceptable practices for doing
so.

S.