[Air-L] query on mediating technology in the classroom

Kathie Gossett gossettphd at gmail.com
Thu May 14 08:52:09 PDT 2009

Meryl,

Here are a couple of sources from the Rhetoric and Composition field:

Hawisher, G., LeBlanc, P., Moran, C. & Selfe, C.. Computers and the
Teaching of Writing in American Higher Education, 1979-1994: A History.
Hawisher, G. & Selfe, C. Evolving Perspectives on Computers and
Composition Studies: Questions for the 1990s.
Selfe, C. Technology and Literacy in the 21st Century: The Importance
of Paying Attention.

There is also a fairly new collection out that gathers some historical
articles together:

Sidler, M., Morris, R. & Smith, E. Computers in the Composition
Classroom: A Critical Source Book.

Hope this helps!

Kathie

Kathie Gossett, PhD
Asst. Professor of Rhetoric and New Media
Department of English
Old Dominion University

Phone: (757) 683-5818
Email: kgossett at odu.edu