[Air-L] DMSC Governor's Challenge Call for Judges

Bradley, Robert rbradley at Tnstate.edu
Sat May 9 15:05:53 PDT 2009

Hello Potential Digital Media Judges!

The DMSC's Governor's Challenge Digital Media Tournament is upon us and it's time to recruit this year's crop of judges. We'd love to have you join us as well as help spread the word to your friends and colleagues that the fun is about to start! Last year, we had a record 111 judges from six countries participating in the peer-review model judging process. We want to break that record!

go to www.tnsandbox.com and follow link to register. Our sponsors include Tennessee State University, FedEx Institute at University of Memphis, Apple Inc., Zune and Microsoft, among others.

The Digital Media Sandbox Consortium (DMSC) is a regional association of academic and business partnerships engaged in creating intellectual and media assets. Much in the way that a football team brings value to a college in economic terms, we believe that media and intellectual creators and their assets have value too. The tournament mentioned above is a competition where faculty- and student-created media assets are peer reviewed by the academic, business, and design community. The winning assets then become part of the growing DMSC asset database and can be featured in the winner's portfolios.

Please follow the link, www.tnsandbox.com , to learn more about what we are doing and how you can become a judge. There is ample opportunity to get involved and network. If you think you've got an eye for what professional quality work looks like, and are interested in providing feedback for students and faculty so they can become better designers, we would love for you to become one of our judges. You do not have to be a designer to be a judge. Please follow the link above to learn more and forward this email to individuals and mailing lists or discussion boards where like-spirited folk may frequent.

Timeline...

Register judges: May 1-31, 2009
Judging period: June 1--30, 2009

It has been a good year for the Digital Media Sandbox Consortium and we are forming roots across the Southeastern, Southcentral and now Northwestern United States. Please help us foster the integration of digital media in higher education as well as celebrate its pioneers!

Look forward to announcements regarding the final deadline for submissions (still welcome at ETSU's I-tunes U site!) as the deadline is being extended slightly to allow greater participation. Register as a judge early so that we can keep in touch!

Also: If you are affiliated with a higher education institution, we are still accepting media for the tournament. Please e-mail rbradley at tnstate.edu for further information on how to join in.

Best wishes and many thanks for your participation!

Digital Media Sandbox Consortium

Robert R. Bradley
Director of Technology Integration
Communication and Information Technologies
Tennessee State University
3500 John Merritt Parkway
Nashville, TN 37209
cell: 615.579.7446