[Air-L] (in favor of) Re: Change of default reply setting on air-l

Kevin Guidry krguidry at gmail.com
Sun May 10 19:50:04 PDT 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Richard Forno <rforno at infowarrior.org> wrote:

> Frankly, speaking as a technologist and long-time email list admin myself, I
> just don't see what the fuss is all about.

   Although I think others may share the same opinions I am about to
offer, I only speak for myself when I say that I think the fuss is
about the fact that:

1.  Even small technological changes can have immense social and
political repercussions.  I am sensitive to this as it's pretty close
to much of what I study and write.  In fact, it's an idea that is
pretty central to much of the work that has gone on in areas like
social informatics for the past decade or two or three.

2.  The change appears to have been made without input from or warning
to the community.

Kevin