[Air-L] Change of default reply setting on air-l

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Mon May 11 14:27:00 PDT 2009

the list is not something we should experiment with, there used to be
an exec-comm statement to that effect somewhere.

it is likely in the archives.   it basically said please don't use the
list for experiments without permission of the list participants or
something pretty similar.  which basically means, don't make people
research subjects without their permission, which given it is nearly
impossible to ensure you have every recipients permission... it is
pretty much impossible to do research.  archives are a different
concern of course.

if the exec comm isn't going to revert the setting, then it should
change the list etiquette page and disclaimer notices.
http://aoir.org/?page_id=3