[Air-L] Change of default reply setting on air-l

Jesper Aagaard Petersen jespaa at hotmail.com
Tue May 12 03:46:11 PDT 2009

Hello all.

Long time listener, first time caller.

I think we should move beyond the "it's easy to do (this and
that)"-arguments, as we must assume the members of this list have some
digital literacy; they just sound like snipe remarks to me. Yes, we can
easily integrate this change into our practices, but the reaction from a
large group of participants should be accepted as real and not just
conservative sentiments.

On a personal level, I really liked the old setting; I agree with the
argument that a public list should reflect that in its settings. I think
there's a big difference between a listserv and an extended address book of
contacts; I want the first and not the second. Basically it is a value
judgement on my part, and both settings could work for me on a technical
level.

Finally, I think the discussion has moved to a point where an "official"
comment from the exec comm could be useful?

Best,

Jesper (who by the way learned to play and enjoy Fantasy Football *through
this list*).

Jesper Aagaard Petersen
Research Fellow, Dept. of Archeology and Religious Studies
NTNU, Dragvoll
NO-7491 Trondheim, Norway
Tlf. 0047-735-98312
email: jesper.a.petersen at hf.ntnu.no