[Air-L] And now for something not about the switch!

Han-Teng Liao (OII) han-teng.liao at oii.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 12 17:04:14 PDT 2009

I am still struggling to find a decent book about language and Internet
that is extensive enough at least to cover Arabic and Chinese  ><
Especially how different kinds of Chinese and Arabic are competing with
each other online.

(Check the discussion page on Egyptian Arabic, you will get the tension
there.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikipedia_Egyptian_Arabic
)

The following book is useful for overall framework.

===

Netlinguistics: Language, Discourse and Ideology in Internet (Paperback)

by Santiago Posteguillo
<http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/176-8288262-8444342?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books-ca&field-author=Santiago%20Posteguillo>
(Author)