[Air-L] query on mediating technology in the classroom

Caroline Haythornthwaite haythorn at illinois.edu
Wed May 13 10:05:17 PDT 2009

Try the introduction and these chapters in Andrews, R. & Haythornthwaite, C.
(Eds.) (2007). Handbook of E-Learning Research. London: Sage.
-- Starr Roxanne Hiltz, Murray Turoff and Linda Harasim. Development and
philosophy of the field of asynchronous learning networks
-- Gail E. Hawisher and Cynthia L. Selfe. On computers and writing

Since you are at Indiana, you should see what Sasha Barab has been doing (he
also has a chapter in the book, but not historically oriented).

/Caroline