[Air-L] on the recent change ...

Åsa Rosenberg asa.rosenberg at sociology.gu.se
Thu May 14 17:11:58 PDT 2009

Jeremy is asking for a justification for the change. I think that Charles
has already explained it... but to me the problem is quite simple. With
"reply to list" as default we currently have no way of ensuring that a
mistake does not end up in Google two days later. Until we figure out if it
is the right solution (or find another solution) perhaps a slight
readjustment of having to press another button in your mail program could be
worth sparing those people their embarrassment?

Also bear in mind the problem is not new, it has been discussed previously
on the list.
See this thread for example from 2006
http://listserv.aoir.org/htdig.cgi/air-l-aoir.org/2006-December/011917.html

---
Asa Rosenberg
Department of Sociology, University of Gothenburg