[Air-L] Research on "passive" social media use?

MARIA AMPARO LASEN DIAZ alasen at cps.ucm.es
Wed Nov 4 09:24:10 PST 2009

Hi Lisbeth,

I wonder whether we shoud keep using this term "passive" to describe users who do not post comments or upload content, as listening, watching and reading are rich and meaningful ways of interacting with content (there is a vaste and not so new amount of scholar work on how the audiences in litterature and arts contribute to make what they listen, read and watch by these same activities of reading or lietening), regarding Internet Kate Crawford is working on this topic, you can found the paper she presented in the COST298 conference in Copenhagen this year in the online proceedings at

http://miha2.ef.uni-lj.si/cost298/gbc2009-proceedings/papers/P202.pdf

Best

Amparo