[Air-L] Food updates

Jorgen Skageby jorsk at ida.liu.se
Tue Nov 3 22:15:02 PST 2009

I published a study on FB and some of the consequences that came out of
everyday usage. I conceptualized my findings around "social metadata"-usage
and an expansion of the attention economy. Mainly, the analysis revealed use
of experimental profiles, clashes between work-and non-work-related social
metadata usage and differences in users' social investment, causing social
dilemmas.

Skågeby, J. (2009) "Exploring Qualitative Sharing Practices of Social
Metadata: Expanding the Attention Economy", The Information Society 25(1),
pp.60-72.

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~content=a907447270~db=all~order=pag

I also published a related paper on the tension between public and private
self- and relationship maintenance in Flickr.

Skågeby, J. (2008) "Semi-public end-user content contributions-A case-study
of concerns and intentions in online photo-sharing", International Journal
of Human-Computer Studies 66(4), pp.287-300.

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1346387

Apologies for the shameless self-promotion!

Cheers
Jörgen Skågeby, PhD, Information Systems and Media
http://www.ida.liu.se/~jorsk/