[Air-L] Textbook on the social web?

Linda Elen Olsen Linda.Olsen at infomedia.uib.no
Wed Nov 11 08:32:19 PST 2009

Dear list.

I am going to teach a course that is supposed to give an introduction to 'the social web' (an overview of different aspects of the social web such as social information systems (IS), social networks, social tagging/semantic web, social gaming/digital culture etc.) and some related topics. Now, I realize that it might be hard to find a textbook that includes all of the topics in my course, but after a lot of searching on my own I thought I'd ask you guys:

Do any of you know of a decent textbook that gives an introduction to 'the social web'? Or that comes close?

Your help would be of great assistance (to me and others)!

:-)

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Linda Elen Olsen