[Air-L] Twitter Re-Design

Liz nwjerseyliz at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 12 09:29:46 PST 2009

Some programmers I've exchanged messages with after Lists were rolled out believe that Twitter is partially driven (or pushed) to establish measurable features and it sounds like keeping count of ones ReTweets is another way companies & individuals can measure themselves against others. I don't think social influence can simply be equated with the number of times ones message is RT'd but that seems to be a commonly held opinion.

I don't know if most individuals are competitive enough to want to keep score in an arena like a social network but many of the business people I know on Twitter are keen aware of their "ranking".

Liz Pullen
nwjerseyliz at yahoo.com