[Air-L] Twitter Re-Design

Mary K. Bryson mary.bryson at ubc.ca
Thu Nov 12 08:35:46 PST 2009

Why would Twitter redesign the interface to force users toward an inbuilt,
attribution free, ³integrated retweeting²? A list member who emailed me
offlist suggested that conversations with other programmers indicated that
Twitter wants to streamline the syntax of (re)tweets so as to permit easier
quantification, and therein, comparative stats on ³most popular² tweets,
lists and so on...

The CNET story seems to lead in that direction:
³But there are advantages, too: with built-in retweets, it gets much easier
to track exactly how popular or influential a given message or user is.²

Maybe machine-enabled collective intelligence is just not really brandable
in a neoliberal economistic -scape? TG for those late-night poutine carts
though!

Mary
--
Dr. Mary K. Bryson, Professor and Director, Network of Centers and
Institutes in Education (NCIE) & Center for Cross-Faculty Inquiry (CCFI),

CCFI: Innovation Works Here
http://ccfi.educ.ubc.ca/