[Air-L] facebook, twitter and annoyances

live human.factor.one at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 07:36:22 PST 2009

Here in the corporate world, we've decided we find microblogging
useful also.

But not the branded sense of using Twitter (although marketing uses it
certainly, as I do personally.)

We have installed laconi.ca on a server (open source microblogging
application), and from there we use it internally to dialogue (or
'tweet') with other colleagues and coworkers from around the world.

I've found it incredibly useful, eye-opening, and entertaining: useful
to ask those general company questions and collaborate/share tech
information, eye-opening to learn about what other people in the
company do around the world, and an entertaining back channel when
there are quarterly livestreamed company presentations.

Sharon Greenfield
Digital Ethnographer
@SharonG