[Air-L] information about burma/myanmar social networks

Donald Matheson donald.matheson at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Nov 19 18:55:44 PST 2009

This is probably too obvious, but what springs to mind for me is the
Democratic Voice of Burma, based in Norway.

Richard Ehrlich makes a good case for blogs being instrumental in
bearing witness to the crackdown in 2007:

Ehrlich, R. S. (2007) Myanmar's blogs of bloodshed. Asian Times
Online, 29 September. Available at http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/II29Ae02.html
.

Cheers,

Donald

--
Dr Donald Matheson
Head of Programme

Check out: Matheson, Donald and Allan, Stuart (2009) Digital War
Reporting. Cambridge: Polity