[Air-L] Food updates

Suzanne Aurilio pict at rohan.sdsu.edu
Mon Nov 2 13:58:38 PST 2009

I hid someone in FB recently because she frequently updated about food she
was eating and then wrote elaborate, intimate notes about body image issues,
clothing sizes, workout etc. TMI. She's a colleague, who I happen to like
too. I felt as if I were in a private domain, a confession.
I've noticed the women I know post about food more than men. Yeah
<food>fat>skinny>food>workout> is a women's issue and a national obsession.
I respond (and react) to discourses like that one and yes I know, I know,
that's abstract, but it's really not. So the personal is political and it's
public.

~~
Suzanne Aurilio
Assistant Director
pICT -People, Information and Communication Technologies
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-1623
619-594-2953