[Air-L] Research on multiplex relations and online communities?

Cuihua Shen shencuihua at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 13:53:51 PST 2009

Dear all,

I am currently doing research on multiplex relations in online
communities and would love to get input from the AoIR group on
relevant research on this topic. Specifically, I am interested in the
following:

1)  the categorization of interpersonal relations (e.g,
socioemotional, instrumental, co-workers, friends and family, etc),
particularly in online settings.
2)  how social circles (e.g., co-workers and friends) overlap and
coalesce, and how they affect collaborative and psycho-social
outcomes.
3)  how new relations emerge and develop in online communities and
provide multiple functions.

Any tip is much appreciated!

Cuihua

--