[Air-L] Word On The Street > Alexander Street Music Online To Be iPhone Accessible

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at iastate.edu
Mon Nov 9 14:28:16 PST 2009

Colleagues/

Is this a Cosmic Sign  that the Beatles catalog will be on iTunes in the
near future? [:-)

/Gerry

>>>What's better than hundreds of thousands of audio recordings, videos,
scores, and pages of full-text music reference? How about accessing it
all on the go?

>>> In 2010 Alexander Street's entire music portfolio, Music Online,
will be accessible on iPhone and iPod Touch mobile devices. Subscribers
will be able to stream music and video, access scores, search and
navigate full-text reference content, and even access and edit personal
playlists.

>>> Alexander Street's iPhone and iPod Touch application will be
completely free. Updating your playlists or listening to an assigned
recording will literally be just a touch away. And thanks to newly
developed streaming technology, you'll do it all without buffering.

Look for Alexander Street's iPhone app in 2010 on our Web site, on its
blog, and through the iTunes store.

Music Online is a new search tool that lets you cross-search the
Alexander Street audio, video, scores, and full-text music reference
collections. The full suite of music collections comprises the broadest
and most comprehensive resource available for the study of classical,
jazz, world, and American music. Only Music Online will deliver audio
recordings, video content, full-text reference materials, musical
scores, liner notes, biographies, and images - all the Alexander Street
music content in your library - through a single interface. Music Online
brings something entirely new to digital reference!

Links Available At

[ http://tinyurl.com/ybnkxef <http://tinyurl.com/ybnkxef>  ]

!!! Thanks To Peter Scott For The HeadsUp !!!!

/Gerry

 Gerry McKiernan

Associate Professor

Science and Technology Librarian

Iowa State University Library

Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There Is No Answer, Only Solutions / Olde Irish Saying

The Future Is Already Here, It's Just Not Evenly Distributed

Attributed To William Gibson, SciFi Author / Coined 'Cyberspace