[Air-L] facebook, twitter and annoyances

Liz nwjerseyliz at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 1 14:13:35 PST 2009

I appreciate your analysis, Sam, but, as with most categorizations, I think these are more tendencies than gender absolutes.

The element that puzzles me the most about Twitter especially is--if you look at comments on technology blogs--its mere existence annoys some people. They always bring out the comment "I don't care what you had for lunch" or "I don't care about your cat" when participating is, for most people, completely voluntary and you control whose messages you see.

I don't understand why it hits a nerve with some individuals and they simply loathe it when there is no necessity to utilize it. I mean, I don't like computer games so I don't play them. I don't go on a tirade about them and don't belittle those who enjoy them. I need to do some background reading on why people get emotional about technology.

Liz Pullen
nwjerseyliz at yahoo.com