[Air-L] Food updates

Rhiannon Bury rcbury at rogers.com
Tue Nov 3 11:25:09 PST 2009

Suzanne has hit the nail on the head not so much about the blurring of public vs private but about multiple identities. Remember the scholarship and commentary from the mid to late 90's? (I'm thinking Sherry Turkle in particular). ICTs (text-based back then) were supposed to let us get in touch with our postmodern selves. Cyberidentity was marked by fluidity and multiplicity. With FB, the opposite is happening--we are presenting a fixed "one size fits all" identity to a mixed audience. Someone else upthread said that she maintains three Twitter feeds for that reason. I have a limited profile of FB and keep it quite generic.

Rhiannon