[Air-L] University of Michigan-Dearborn - tenure-stream assistant professor po sition in Film and Interactive Media

Matthew Wy. m-wysocki at juno.com
Mon Nov 9 20:23:31 PST 2009

Posting this for a friend. If I weren't happy where I am I'd be applying. And not sharing.

The University of Michigan-Dearborn invites applications for a tenure-stream assistant professor position in Film and Interactive Media, to teach in the Journalism and Screen Studies Discipline, initiated in Fall 2009.

A Ph.D., MFA, or other terminal degree is required. Professional film and/or interactive media experience is required.

A background in film history, Internet culture and media aesthetics is highly desirable, especially as it relates to the production and design of digital media, web design or gaming. Demonstrated ability and interest in teaching both film studies and digital interactive media courses is required. Familiarity with industry standard web design software is also desirable. Applications must include a cover letter (of no more than two pages), a CV, an unofficial transcript, and evidence of teaching excellence.

Established in 1958 and home to the Henry Ford Estate and 70 acres of nature preserve in the heart of southeast Michigan, The University of Michigan-Dearborn is a comprehensive university offering undergraduate and graduate degrees to our 8,500 enrolled students. Michigan is actively engaged in attracting film and media producers to the state through generous tax incentives, and there have been a number of new production facilities announced for Southeastern Michigan in the past year. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment, and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women.

Send applications to: Journalism and Screen Studies Search Secretary, Department of Language, Culture, and Communication, University of Michigan-Dearborn, 4901 Evergreen Road, Dearborn MI 48128-1491. Queries may be directed to search committee chair Carolyn Kraus (cwells at umich.edu). Complete applications are due by November 30, 2009. Review of applications and screening interviews will continue until the position is filled. The University of Michigan-Dearborn is a non-discriminatory, Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.