[Air-L] Food updates

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 3 14:58:07 PST 2009

On 3-Nov-09, at 2:25 PM, Rhiannon Bury wrote:

> . With FB, the opposite is happening--we are presenting a fixed "one
> size fits all" identity to a mixed audience.

I argued in an unpublished paper that facebook is real people rather
than virtual thus opposite a lot of what the Internet has been.
Rephrasing: On facebook if you are a dog people know you are a dog.

Facebook was the first Internet contact I had with many real life
people in my life from the past. Very few of my friends connected with
me via the net before facebook. The Internet on facebook is easy
enough for these non techie people to use.

Again facebook "can be" a private network with only real face to face
friends. I think this brings the power of internet social networking
to our real pre Internet social networks. I think you can throw out a
lot of Turkle and others who explored the virtual and hidden
identities when it comes to facebook.

Peter Timusk,
B.Math statistics (2002), B.A. legal studies (2006) Carleton University
Systems Science Graduate student, University of Ottawa.
just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.
kiitos paljon,  merci,  thank you and muchas gracias for reading.