[Air-L] Textbook on the social web?

Terrell Russell terrellrussell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 08:06:56 PST 2009

On 11/19/09 10:16 AM, Linda.Olsen at infomedia.uib.no wrote:
> Here is the list I've made so far (which is still far from complete -
> I'll continue to work on it!).

I'd add the work of Pierre Lévy as well.

Terrell
PhD Student, UNC-SILS

Book from 1997

Lévy, Pierre.  Collective Intelligence: Mankind's Emerging World in
Cyberspace (1997)
http://www.amazon.com/Collective-Intelligence-Pierre-Levy/dp/0306456354

Ongoing work on IEML

http://www.ieml.org/spip.php?article156

http://www.ieml.org/IMG/pdf/2009-Levy-IEML.pdf

"The IEML Research Program. From Social Computing to Reflexive
Collective Intelligence", Information Sciences, special issue on
collective intelligence, ed Epaminondas Kapetanios & Georgia Koutrika,
vol 180, issue 1, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2 Jan 2010, p. 71-94

”Toward a Self-referential Collective Intelligence: Some Philosophical
Background of the IEML Research Program” in Nguyen Ngoc Than, Kowalczyk
Ryszard, Chen Shyi-Ming (Eds.), Computational Collective Intelligence,
Semantic Web, Social Networks and Multi-agent Systems. First
International Conference, ICCCI 2009, Wroclaw, Poland, Oct 2009,
Proceedings. Springer, Berlin-Heidelberg-NY, 2009, pp 22-35.