[Air-L] facebook, twitter and annoyances

Baym, Nancy nbaym at ku.edu
Sat Oct 31 08:34:00 PDT 2009

Of course it's complex. But what if another of that person's followers
funds the food updates a lovely way to feel connected but is annoyed
by all those professionally tinged informational links. "Interesting"
is not a quality of message but of a particular listener's response to
a message. "Almost all" is often an unwarranted assumption from one's
own point of view. Furthermore, even if "almost all" holds, they may
not be the people most important to the tweeter.

Nancy