[Air-L] web accessibility tool for WCAG 2.0

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 14 17:13:31 PDT 2009

Hello all

I am not working directly these days as a researcher with the Canadian
Internet Use Survey at Statistics Canada but hope to return there and
am in the same workplace with that survey still. I can still put you
in touch with the survey manager and help you navigate the survey
documents or if you need some custom data. So do not expect more
Internet studies papers from me soon.

I am studying a course in web accessibility guidelines and thought I
would share a tool by one of the teachers of this course. This tool
allows one to check web pages for problems with accessibility based on
WCAG 2.0 guidelines

ATRC Web Accessibility Checker : Web Accessibility Checker
http://www.achecker.ca/checker/index.php

I hope you find this useful if you are making web pages or researching
accessibility.

It took me about 45 minutes to update three index pages from their old
1990's html to pass at level AAA.

enjoy.

Peter Timusk,

B.Math statistics (2002), B.A. legal studies (2006) Carleton University
Systems Science Graduate student, University of Ottawa.
just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.
kiitos paljon,  merci,  thank you and muchas gracias for reading.