[Air-L] who is utilising a reseach website for their qualitative research?

Ulrike Kachel u.kachel at griffith.edu.au
Sun Oct 11 20:14:05 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

Sor far I was a quite passive member of this great list, but hope
this will change now.

I am a qualitative researcher utilising the Internet for empirical
material collection. For my research I developed a research platform
which is basicly a community platform offering blogs and fora to my
participants. In my research I am exploring tourist's perceptions of
climate change and how this influences their travel decisions and
experiences. My participants to some degree already talked about this
topic on their own travel blog or within a travel community which
they are a member of. At this stage I just started some email
interviews with first participants and will start the online
discussions on my platform soon. As a qualitative online researcher I
am fairly lonely in my department/shool(/university?) and would like
to connect with other researchers who use a similar approch for their
research. It would be great to exchange some experiences or receive
some references if the research has been published.

Kind regards,

Ulrike

--
Ulrike Kachel