[Air-L] facebook, twitter and annoyances

Baym, Nancy nbaym at ku.edu
Sat Oct 31 15:23:53 PDT 2009

But there are often hundreds of others with differing interests and
more may care what someone ate than you think. The Other is not a
monolith that agrees on the value of all posts.

I am often surprised how much I enjoy food posts of people to whom I
am not close and how bored I am by things that are "supposed" to be
"interesting."