[Air-L] Computer usage by low-income people in emerging countries

Dan Perkel dperkel at ischool.berkeley.edu
Sun Oct 4 18:44:33 PDT 2009

While not on the subject of low-income people or home use, Yuri Takhtayev's
recently completed dissertation on software development in Brazil might have
some interesting present-day and historical information that would
complement your study and point you in interesting directions. I think there
is also an interesting take on inequality and reproduction at a global level
that you might find thought-provoking.
See:
http://takhteyev.org/dissertation/

See especially Part II for historical material.

Regards,

Dan

Dan Perkel
PhD Candidate
School of Information, Berkeley Center for New Media
UC Berkeley
http://people.ischool.berkeley.edu/dperkel