[Air-L] facebook, twitter and annoyances

Ronald E. Rice rrice at comm.ucsb.edu
Sat Oct 31 15:25:24 PDT 2009

These are, of course, very similar to concerns, stories, fears, and
positives about the telephone from the late 1870s on for many decades.
Similar concerns about postcards, email, citizens' band radio.
Ronald E. Rice
Arthur N. Rupe Chair in the Social Effects of Mass Communication
Co-Director, Carsey-Wolf Center for Film, Television, and New Media
President of the International Communication Association 2006-2007
Dept. of  Communication, 4005 Social Sciences & Media Studies Bldg.
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-4020
Ph: 805-893-8696; Fax: 805-893-7102
rrice at comm.ucsb.edu