[Air-L] Penn State - College of IST - Tenure Track Asst Prof Position

Lynette Kvasny lkvasny at ist.psu.edu
Mon Oct 5 15:27:43 PDT 2009

Colleagues,
The College of Information Sciences and Technology at the Pennsylvania
State University, University Park currently has an opening for a
tenure track assistant professor. The online link is: http://ist.psu.edu/ist/facultyrecruiting/
. The plaintext, if that's more helpful, is appended to this email.
Lynette

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lynette Kvasny, PhD
Associate Professor of Information Sciences and Technology
Affiliate Associate Professor of African and African American Studies
Pennsylvania State University
College of Information Sciences and Technology
329C IST Building
University Park, PA 16802
lkvasny at ist.psu.edu
ist.psu.edu/faculty_pages/lkvasny
+1.814.865.6458 (voice)
+1.814.865.6426 (fax)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Position Title:
Assistant Professor of IST
Location:
Main Campus - University Park, PA
Tenure Status:
Tenure Track

Full Description:
The College of Information Sciences and Technology at The Pennsylvania
State University is a new college focused on interdisciplinary
research and teaching for the 21st century. To learn more about our
structure, vision, mission goals, faculty and students, go to http://www.ist.psu.edu
. This fall we will be searching for new people to join our ranks as
tenure track faculty members who will assist our college in attaining
its goals in education, community and research. We seek applicants who
show clear evidence that they will become premier teachers and leading
scholars in their fields. Applications from those who seek to be a
part of a vibrant, civil and diverse academic community and who do
research, and teaching in any of the information and security sciences
are welcome. We have particular interests in medical informatics,
information and cyber security, data mining and data fusion, social
network science, socio-techno and web sciences, but we will not limit
our search to these specific areas. Qualified candidates are invited
to send their curriculum vita, summary of research and teaching plans,
as well as names of four persons who will write letters of
recommendation to ATTN.: Dr. Henry C. Foley, Dean, Rm. 323 IST Bldg.,
College of Information Sciences and Technology, The Pennsylvania State
University, University Park, PA 16802-6823. Review of applications
will begin in November 2009. Penn State is committed to affirmative
action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.