[Air-L] looking for websites to study the culture of science and humanities

Zhang Yiqiong zhangyiqiong at nus.edu.sg
Sun Sep 13 00:50:35 PDT 2009

Dear all,

My name is Yiqiong, a phd student from the Multimodal Analysis Lab at
National University of Singapore. I have been on the mailing list for a
while and benefit a lot from the resources and ideas in the email
exchanges. Thanks!

I am interested in exploring the culture of the two broad disciplines
(science and humanities) with data from websites, say like to see how
each community perceive themselves, publicize themselves and present
themselves on the websites.  I am wondering if any of you could
recommend to me some websites you visit that deal with either of science
or humanities, specially the latter one. (for example, for science, I
found thesciencenetwork, the TED talk). I explored a bit on university
departmental websites, but realized they are not much culturally shaped.

Many thanks!

Regards!

Yiqiong

PhD candidate

Multimodal Analysis Lab
Interactive & Digital Media Institute (IDMI)
9 Prince George's Park
National University of Singapore
Singapore 118408
http://www.multimodal-analysis-lab.org/