[Air-L] can't get no satisfaction

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Mon Sep 14 10:15:59 PDT 2009

I want to thank everyone for sending me sitcom suggestions for a modern
family where husband and wife work, kids are relatively normal, and
everyone uses ICTs and cellphones. However, I have been unable to find one
that fit my specs, perhaps due to the fact that I never watch TV before 10PM.

Seventh Heaven -- wife doesn't work.
Beverly Hills 90210 -- mostly pre cell phone era. Doesn't really focus on
parents.
Big Love -- 4 Wives is not the American norm (at least at 1 time)
Gossip Girl -- not intact families.
Vampires not normative, except in movies & TV.

I keep hoping that Carrie and Samantha will get married; Miranda will
reconnect with Steve, and all 4 Sex & the City ladies will come back in 15
years.

Any more help would be appreciated.
 Barry Wellman