[Air-L] social science research for the hi-tech sector

Ben Anderson benander at essex.ac.uk
Thu Sep 17 04:43:16 PDT 2009

It's quite common. Xerox probably started it via PARC & you can find
social scientists/sociologists of various flavours in the research
labs AND the 'strategic marketing' functions of many telcos/tech
sector corporates. Intel for example. epic is a good place to start
from the ethnographic perspective... http://www.epic2009.com/

Ben