[Air-L] [IR10] Pre-conference information, Twitter, Socializing

Michael Zimmer zimmerm at uwm.edu
Wed Sep 30 09:47:44 PDT 2009

For those attending IR.10 in Milwaukee, below is some information sent
via the registration system, but repeated here in case you missed it.

Best,
Michael Zimmer

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Michael Zimmer" <zimmerm at uwm.edu>
Date: September 28, 2009 5:30:38 PM CDT
To: "Michael Zimmer" <zimmerm at uwm.edu>
Subject: [IR10] Pre-conference information, Twitter, Socializing

[The following message is sent on behalf of IR.10 coordinator, Erin
Hvizdak ehvizdak at uwm.edu]

Hello all conference-goers!

This message concerns:

- Pre-conference attendees
- Twitter information
- Going out and socializing with your fellow attendees

If any of these apply to you, read on (or rock on, whichever you
prefer).

Pre-conference information:

Workshops will be held in the following locations (buildings and rooms):

Hilton:

-Doctoral Colloquium: Empire Ballroom

-Critical Issues and Perspectives in Internet Research Methods and
Ethics: Monarch Ballroom

-Mobile Communication In Developing Nations: Will announce shortly.

Hefter Center:

3271 N Lake Dr, Milwaukee, WI 53211

Cabs will be arranged to take participants to the University
Conference Center (Please discuss with your pre-conference organizer)

-Engaging Multidisciplinarity in Sociotechnical Internet Research: A
hands-on workshop: Billiard Room

-Innovative education online: Ideas for the future of learning and the
Internet: Library Room

-Critical Internet Theory: Dining Room

-Education and Research in Second Life: Living Room

Twitter Information:

For updated information about the conference, subscribe to our Tweet
stream at: www.twitter.com/ir10.  The hash tag for the conference will
be #ir10 if you’d like to follow everyone else’s updates!

Getting together before the conference “officially” begins:

For those of you arriving Tuesday night, places nearby that we would
suggest getting together are the Old German Beer Hall (oldgermanbeerhall.com
) or Turner Hall (historicturner.com).

On Wednesday night from 7-10pm, we have reserved the downstairs bar
area of the Milwaukee Ale House (http://ale-house.com/alehouse/)!
This is right on the Milwaukee River, about six blocks from the
conference hotel.  If the weather is nice, they will also allow us to
spill out on the deck.  There will be three menu options for dinner,
all options for appetizers, and they brew their own beer!  This will
be on your own monetarily, unfortunately – and will be a cash only
event.  We REALLY hope to see a lot of you there!  It will be a really
great informal way of breaking the ice before we all have to pretend
to be professional.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me (Erin) at
612-701-3714 or Elizabeth at 414-614-3266 (but preferably before 5pm
US central time) – or email ehvizdak at uwm.edu.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to next week!!

Erin Hvizdak

Erin Hvizdak, MLIS Candidate
Research Assistant, Center for Information Policy Research (CIPR)
School of Information Studies
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
ehvizdak at uwm.edu