[Air-L] Networked Learning online discussions (free)

Caroline Haythornthwaite haythorn at illinois.edu
Sun Sep 27 08:44:25 PDT 2009

The seventh international conference on Networked Learning will be held in Aalborg, Denmark on the 3rd & 4th May 2010 (paper for the conference are due November 13, 2009).

As a run-up to the conference, and as an effort to build a larger, ongoing community around networked learning, a number of discussion "hotseats" have been initiated. I've appended a list below with the dates. You can find details on how to sign up on the webpage noted below.

As you'll see I am hosting the kick-off hotseat. I'd like to invite all AoIRers to join us online -- it is free, just register. Those with interests in learning, collaboration, information and knowledge processes both online and off will enjoy the discussion.

/Caroline Haythornthwaite

NETWORKED LEARNING 'HOTSEATS'

http://www.networkedlearningconference.org.uk/index.php/community

Caroline Haythornthwaite: Learning in Social Networks and Networked Learning – starting September 28th, 2009

George Siemens and Stephen Downes: Impact on Learning of Networked Technologies - starting October 26th, 2009

Charalambos Vrasidas: Networked Learning and International Development - starting December 7th, 2009

Grainne Conole: Theories and Methodologies for Research in Networked Learning - starting January 18th, 2010

Gabriel Salomon and Rupert Wegerif: Globalisation and Interculturality in Networked Learning - starting February 15th, 2010

And finally during March and April (dates to be announced) there will be hot seats hosted by the conference key notes;

Yrjo Engstrom and Etienne Wenger.
Caroline Haythornthwaite
Professor, Graduate School of Library and Information Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 501 East Daniel St., Champaign IL 61820
haythorn at illinois.edu OR haythorn at uiuc.edu