[Air-L] Research on social media and industry? Or even just social media

Julian Hopkins j at julianhopkins.net
Thu Sep 10 20:15:37 PDT 2009

These might help:

Preston, E. & White, C.L., 2004. Commodifying Kids: Branded Identities and
the Selling of Adspace on Kids' Networks. Communication Quarterly, 52(2),
115-28.

Quiggin, J. & Potts, J., 2008. Economics of non-market innovation and
digital literacy. Media International Australia, (128), 144-50.

Raghavan, S., 2006. Blogs and Business Conversations. Journal of Creative
Communications, 1(3), 285-295.

And this is an interesting relevant blog post from a PR person closely
involved with social media in Malaysia:
http://www.davidlian.com/2009/07/can-you-purchase-conversation.html

I also would be very interested to see your presentation. I'm researching
the monetisation of blogs in Malaysia, but I don't have any formal paper on
it yet, but I'd be happy to discuss it more with you off-list if you like.

The results of a survey I did are here:
http://julianhopkins.net/index.php?/archives/238-myBlogS-2009-First-Malaysia
n-blog-survey-results-released.html

Cheers,