[Air-L] Family in the 21st century on TV

Judy Rice RiceJA at familysearch.org
Thu Sep 17 12:46:43 PDT 2009

We had 1 TV when I was a kid and which program to watch became a matter of negotiations-we took turns selecting programs for the week each Monday rotating the order of who selected (Dad was always 1st).  As kids, we would deal with siblings: if you pick this then I will pick that for you or I know you like this program, I will pick it so we will be sure to get to see it--if they didn't help me then next time I would pick something that would conflict with their program--taught us good skills. People today do not need to consider others in selecting their environment and it shows for sure--"I am the center of the universe, just show me what I want, or what will interest me, or what I will buy..." IMHO some of that is good in a busy world, but it is easy to slide into "I demand and deserve to be the center"

Judy Rice
UX Engineer

Message: 8