[Air-L] Measuring Interactivity

Umar Ruhi umar.ruhi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:37:10 PDT 2009

Hi Katie,

I'm familiar with the following studies that have devised and used an
Interactivity scale for website interactions - you will probably need to
adapt/modify for relevance to your study's context:

Liu, Y. (2003). Developing a scale to measure the interactivity of websites.
Journal of Advertising Research, 43(02), 207-216.

Song, J. H., & Zinkhan, G. M. (2008). Determinants of perceived web site
interactivity. Journal of Marketing, 72(2), 99-113.

I've also recently come across some metrics based on web logs data that have
been purported to measure interactivity of web 2.0 widgets and social media
applications but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Regards,
Umar Ruhi

Umar Ruhi
Lecturer - Information Systems & e-Business Technologies
Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa
Website: http://www.umar.biz