[Air-L] Family in the 21st century on TV

Kevin Guidry krguidry at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 13:01:13 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Judy Rice <RiceJA at familysearch.org> wrote:
> We had 1 TV when I was a kid and which program to watch became a matter of negotiations-we took turns selecting programs...

   I worked for a year and a half at The University of the South in
Sewanee, Tennessee, a liberal arts college in the southeastern United
States.  Their residence halls are an anomaly, particularly among
affluent institutions in the United States, in that they do (did?) not
provide cable television to each individual room or suite.  They only
provide cable television to common rooms on each floor.  It certainly
seemed that some of these issues - negotiation, shared community, etc.
- were actively considered and played a significant role in this
setup.

Kevin