[Air-L] social science research for the hi-tech sector

Nalini Kotamraju lists at kotamraju.org
Thu Sep 17 15:16:14 PDT 2009

While working on my PhD in Sociology (and a little beyond), I spent a more
than significant chunk of time as a user researcher in the software design
group at Sun Microsystems (now Oracle).

You also might want to take a look at anthrodesign on Yahoo! Groups (
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/anthrodesign/), which is the online home
of the majority of social scientists (anthropologists, sociologists, others)
who do social science work in corporate settings. Similarly, many of the
folks on that list attend EPIC (Ethnography Praxis in Industry Conference,
http://www.epic2009.com/).

If you'd like more information, feel free to contact me offline.

---
Dr. Nalini P. Kotamraju
n.p.kotamraju at utwente.nl | +31 53 489 4970
University of Twente
http://www.gw.utwente.nl/tpc/mw/Kotamraju/
http://kotamraju.org

Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Studies
Technical & Professional Communication Workgroup

PO Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands