[Air-L] To the other side of the digital divide - ipad anyone?

Nick Lalone nick.lalone at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 09:23:27 PDT 2010

I've been reading about it as an object I would introduce to faculty here
but as of yet I see promise but nothing absolutely groundbreaking yet.

The most interesting thing I see happening are groups of people getting
together to play board games on it in-person rather than playing each other
online.

http://recombu.com/news/say-hello-to-multimodal-multi-touch-gaming_M11625.html

<http://recombu.com/news/say-hello-to-multimodal-multi-touch-gaming_M11625.html>I'm
also looking forward to keynote on this thing. I'm hoping that they add a
real time editor or keynote-in-progress editor.

Another interesting thing is how it handles transitions between cell signals
and wi-fi (smart phones do this already but nothing as substantial as the
ipad). The ability to travel with 1 piece of technology that would allow me
to conference with friends, collaborate anywhere, and not have to constantly
reconnect as I went about my day is an interesting thought.

I'm not as familiar with the apple apps as i'm more interested in chromium
tablets though. If I had a working folder / series of documents for each
location I work in that loaded itself when i walked into that work location,
I would be extremely grateful. Keeping my job projects, work projects, and
outside work projects organized on any device is hectic. There are apps that
do this for android, not sure about apple.

What about yourself?

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Fouad Bajwa <fouadbajwa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone bought or tried an ipad?
>
> What are your feelings about it and what solutions or backdrops do you
> find in it?
>
> We can only read news online about it here in Pakistan or watch a few
> product review videos.
>
> --
> Regards.
> --------------------------
> Fouad Bajwa
> Internet Governance Advisor
> ICT4D Social Practitioner & Researcher
> Member Multistakeholder Advisory Group (IGF)
> Member Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus (IGC)
> My Blog: Internet's Governance: http://internetsgovernance.blogspot.com/
> Follow my Tweets: http://twitter.com/fouadbajwa
> MAG Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATVDW1tDZzA

Nick LaLone