[Air-L] How do you collect information about the total number ofblogs in a given region?

Scott MacLeod scott at scottmacleod.com
Sun Apr 11 18:31:54 PDT 2010

}Fouad,
 Harvard's Berkman Center for Internet and Society has focused on
this over the years, for one. Here's a starting place:
http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/jkbaumga/2005/08/30/measuring-the-blogosphere/.
[1] Check their archive, as well. And you might find material here at
the virtual ethnography wiki bibilography: http://webnographers.org.
[2]
 Please add some of what you find to the open, free, 'edit this page'
World University and School's Media Studies page:
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Media_Studies [3]
 All best,
 Scott
 http://scottmacleod.com
 This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged and confidential. If the reader of this email message is
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender and destroy/delete all copies of the transmittal. Thank
you.
 On Sun 11/04/10  8:11 PM , Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com sent:
 Dear Community Members,
 I would like to learn the various methods and tools used to
determine
 the total number of blogs in a given region? Has anyone attempted
such
 an endeavour and what were there findings? I would like to explore
 this for my country to identify the number of blogs in Pakistan,
 categorize them within active and non-active (within a given
criteria
 of number of posts) etc. Kindly point me to available work,
 methodology, tools if any, how such data mining would actually be
 carried out etc.
 Appreciating your support in advance.
 --
 Regards.