[Air-L] Fwd: <nettime> How you can help the bang.Lab and EDT

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Mon Apr 5 07:54:15 PDT 2010

from nettime.
banglab is related to the electronic disturbance theater.

> Please pass this on!
>
> http://bang.calit2.net/2010/04/how-you-can-help-the-bang-lab-and-edt/
>
> There are two main ways you can show support at this time. Thank you all
> for the signatures! The showing of support from around the world will
> surely help our case and hopefully demonstrate to the UCOP how difficult
> it is going to be for them to continue this repression of us.
>
> Now, here's what you can do to help:
>
> 1. Write a letter expressing your concerns about this issue, supporting
> our research, calling for an end to the investigations and an end to the
> harassment of Ricardo Dominguez and bang.lab/EDT members to:
>
> "Kester, Grant" <gkester at ucsd.edu>, "Larsen, Kristina" <klarsen at ucsd.edu>,
> "Lerer, Seth" <slerer at ucsd.edu>, "Lawrence.Pitts at ucop.edu"
> <Lawrence.Pitts at ucop.edu>, "Rosen, Amy" <arosen at ucsd.edu>, "SVC Academic
> Affairs" <SVCAA at ucsd.edu>, "Ricardo Dominguez" <rrdominguez at ucsd.edu>
>
> Please send your letters by April 7th, 2010!
>
> 2. Please come to UCSD on April 8th at 10:30am and show your support with
> a rally outside of the meeting between Ricardo Dominguez and the Vice
> Chancellor. As of now, we think the meeting will be in Grant Kester's
> office, Mandevilla 209, on the 2nd floor. A map to the Mandeville building
> is here: http://visarts.ucsd.edu/node/view/495/ The vice-chancellor needs
> to know how broad and determined the support for Ricardo is! Let's fill
> the courtyard, the stairs and the first floor open area! Please come and
> bring friends! The Vice Chancellor is pushing to have the meeting at his
> office on North Torrey Pines road, so please check back at
> http://bang.calit2.net for updates on April 7th!
>
> More background information about what this is all about here:
>
> http://bang.calit2.net/2010/03/bang-lab-edt-update-call-for-accountability-and-the-criminalization-of-research/
>
> Thank you for your support,
>
>   micha cárdenas, b.a.n.g. lab member and Lecturer in Visual Arts
>

> --
> micha cárdenas
>
> Lecturer, Visual Arts Department, University of California, San Diego
> Artist/Researcher, Experimental Game Lab, http://experimentalgamelab.net
> Calit2 Researcher, http://bang.calit2.net
>
> blog: http://transreal.org
>

> --
> micha cárdenas / azdel slade
>
> Lecturer, Visual Arts Department, University of California, San Diego
> Artist/Researcher, Experimental Game Lab, http://experimentalgamelab.net
> Calit2 Researcher, http://bang.calit2.net
>
> blog: http://transreal.org

jeremy hunsinger
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
Virginia Tech
Information Ethics Fellow, Center for Information Policy Research, School of Information Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (www.cipr.uwm.edu)

() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://transdisciplinarystudies.tmttlt.com/  Transdisciplinary Studies:the book series