[Air-L] Pre-Registration MEA Convention Maine June 10-13, 2010

Janet Sternberg janet.sternberg at nyu.edu
Tue Apr 20 07:33:25 PDT 2010

Pre-registration Announcement for the
Media Ecology Association 2010 Annual Convention
June 10-13, 2010
University of Maine
Orono, Maine

Theme:  Media Ecology and Natural Environments

Pre-registration for the 2010 MEA Convention is now officially open!  We
have a terrific line-up that you won’t want to miss.  Our plenary
speakers include Don Ihde, Mary Catheron Bateson, Chet Bowers, Urusla
Hiese, and Andrea Polli.

To take advantage of the early registration fee (for MEA members only),
go to the MEA website (http://www.media-ecology.org/) and click on the
convention link on the left side of the screen.  You’ll find the link to
the pre-registration form on the top right of the convention page.

Please fill out the entire form, making sure to indicate if you would
like to participate in the Saturday evening excursion to Bar Harbor and
Acadia National Park (the cost for the tour is $25, which we’ll collect
prior to the excursion; dinner’s at your own cost).  Please sign up
early, so we can make sure we have enough buses to accommodate everyone.
  We’d appreciate if you would also select your meal preference for the
Friday night banquet (cost is included in your convention fees).

Unless you are a sustaining member, you should use the Electronic
Payment link to pay your convention registration fee online.

If you decide to stay on-campus (the Edith Patch Hall is a comfortable
suite-style residence just a few minutes walk from the convention
venues), please also make sure to click on the Campus Housing
Registration Form link.  You should complete and mail or fax the form
directly to the University of Maine’s Conference Services no later than
June 1 (Fax: 207-581-4097).

Off-campus housing is available at the University Inn Academic Suites
(http://www.universityinnorono.com/), about one mile away, where a block
of rooms has been reserved until May 15, and the Best Western Black Bear
Inn (http://www.blackbearinnorono.com/), about 2.5 miles away.

Note:  for those of you wanting to make arrangements for travel and
accommodations, the convention is scheduled to begin at 9 am on
Thursday, June 10 and to end at 2:30 on Sunday, June 13.  A detailed
program will be available on the convention webpage page by May 1.

For any other questions or information, please contact convention
co-coordinators Paul Grosswiler (paulg at maine.edu) or Ellen Rose
(erose at unb.ca).

http://www.media-ecology.org