[Air-L] Arkansas reporter

Bobby Ampezzan bampezzan at arkansasonline.com
Fri Apr 9 07:19:11 PDT 2010

Hello, Internet researchers,

I'm a reporter for the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. I'm working on a
long, feature (as opposed to "investigative") story about how things
get on the Internet and then stay there, long after the person who
posted it intended it to be valuable or relevant. Specifically, there
are three examples of something called "That One Show" -- amateur
serial video produced by college / high school kids. One is defunct,
another is long defunct but now has a Facebook following, and another
is current but VERY low-budget and only interesting to the small
group of high school friends the show is intended for.

My question to Internet researchers is this, what is the fallout of
creative projects when the creativity ceases but the material lives
forever? Are there any cases that have received attention of people
doing creative stuff on the Internet several years ago only to have
it brought out in a criminal case or a job screening? Were there any
academic studies following the Lonelygirl event, and has anyone
looked recently to see if she's profited from it? Are there any
theories about how there's functionally no screening process for
creativity, the way publishing houses or talent agents used to screen
for books / television shows?

This will be a cover for our Style section.

Bobby Ampezzan
Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
and Arkansas Life magazine
121 East Capitol Avenue