[Air-L] Library of Congress Acquires Entire (Public) Twitter Archive

Michael Zimmer zimmerm at uwm.edu
Wed Apr 14 19:25:22 PDT 2010

Thanks, Liz.

So, for the 43% of users who don't use the website, 3rd party apps like TweetDeck make it quite easy to RT protected tweets.  See, for example, http://support.tweetdeck.com/forums/63876/entries/83047, where it notes that the "Edit then Retweet" method places no restrictions on the ability to retweet.

Further, % of users isn't the right way to think about this (a small % of users might account for a large proportion of retweets). The key is where do the majority of actual retweets take place: on Twitter.com or a 3rd party app. I suspect the latter.

-michael.