[Air-L] EVEOnline Monthly Payments Now Tradable, Sellable, Destroyable

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 9 14:28:16 PDT 2010

Interesting study you aim for Nick. I have been advised by my corp CEO not
to move PLEX. I am also not so happy that PLEX are not really worth US
dollars, in fact, but only more game play. There is no cashing out game
currency (isk). In Second Life there is cashing out. I prefer though Eve
because more is going on socially than in Second Life IMH game play
experience. I am happy to say bragging a bit that my game play is good
enough in Eve Online that I almost play for free these days in Eve earning
enough "in game" isk to buy PLEX's every month rather than pay 15$ US per
account. My main toon/avatar managers all the industry for a corp and is
paid "in game" currency wages. Our alliance lost three ships worth 30 bil
each in this year's tournament. Was this really a few thousand US dollars?
My answer is no. It was really just more fun.

My first attempt at research writing about Eve seems to focus on learning
business skills and spreadsheets because of playing the game.

Peter      >> Margarite Liberte in EVE Online.