[Air-L] Question about reimbursing participants doing electronic surveys?

Rhiannon Bury rcbury at rogers.com
Tue Aug 17 09:06:19 PDT 2010

I too am preparing an online survey that will provide compensation in the form
of gift cards (you folks will be seeing it in the fall :) ). My proposal
(reviewed and approved by my university;s  REB) is to collect contact
information on a separate screen after the respondent has completed and
submitted the survey. The survey will be coded but the codes not matched to the
names for the purposes of the draw. They will only be matched if respondents
indicate that they want to take part in follow up interviews.

This is not written in stone so if anyone has experience with this and has a
better idea, I'd love to hear about it.

Rhiannon

Dr. Rhiannon Bury
Assistant Professor